Becoming a mother has taught me a couple of things that I thought I would share with the world... just in case anyone wanted some pearls of wisdom.
1. The days go by too fast and children grow up even too faster (yes... I know that's grammatically abhorrent but please forgive me.)
2. Nights are soo much longer when you can no longer sleep through them.
3. Stretch marks look funny when they shrink.
4. Babies are cute.
5. You really DO forget the pain of labor!! How crazy is that??
6. All of those things you said you were going to do on a regular basis (like blog updates) go kapoey out the window when you have a kid in the mix. And yes... kapoey is a real word... maybe.
7 is my favorite number.
8. You never did appreciate your parents enough before. Even if you did... you really just can't until you have your own.
9. A one and a half foot tall person can actually be VERY intimidating.
10. The most miraculous thing you will ever see is a brand new person that looks half like you and half like the person you love most.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Saturday, April 3, 2010
As you sleep in my lap, so tiny and perfect, I am overcome with tears of pure joy that you are here. Your father and I have waited so very long to meet you, and we spend every second soaking you in. We pray that you will grow big and strong, and that God will protect you all the way. We love you so very much, words cannot begin to describe.
You came to meet the outside world on March 31st, just a few days ago. It was 5:48 in the evening, in our little living room, with so many people around who love you. I was the first one to hold you, and your Daddy was right there too. The past few days have been so miraculous. We thank the Lord for you every minute, our most precious child. There is truly no greater joy than to be your mother.
With All My Love,
Evangeline NellieMae Mueller