Monday, April 19, 2010

Short Days and Long Nights

Becoming a mother has taught me a couple of things that I thought I would share with the world... just in case anyone wanted some pearls of wisdom.

1. The days go by too fast and children grow up even too faster (yes... I know that's grammatically abhorrent but please forgive me.)

2. Nights are soo much longer when you can no longer sleep through them.

3. Stretch marks look funny when they shrink.

4. Babies are cute.

5. You really DO forget the pain of labor!! How crazy is that??

6. All of those things you said you were going to do on a regular basis (like blog updates) go kapoey out the window when you have a kid in the mix. And yes... kapoey is a real word... maybe.

7 is my favorite number.

8. You never did appreciate your parents enough before. Even if you did... you really just can't until you have your own.

9. A one and a half foot tall person can actually be VERY intimidating.

10. The most miraculous thing you will ever see is a brand new person that looks half like you and half like the person you love most.

No comments:

Post a Comment