Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Routines and Chores

Alright here is my schedule that I have set up for myself. Hopefully it will keep me motivated and dedicated to doing all the little things around the house that really need to be done. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get to sleep till about 12-1 each night so it kinda throws me off and I don't do it. But I'm planning on that changing sometime very soon. Also, we have no hot water right now. Jake's working on fixing it, but until that happens I may not get as much accomplished as I have hoped. Blessings!

Morning Routine

6:00-Get up, morning routine (shower, brush teeth/wash face, get dressed, make bed, take meat out for dinner, start a load of laundry)
6:30-Morning devotion7:00-fix breakfast/eat
7:45-Clean up (dishes, table, counters)
8:00-Hang laundry to dry & one little chore
8:30-Walk to school for work
9:00-work

Evening Routine

4:00-three little chores
4:30-tidy living area/prep for Jake coming home
5:00-water outdoor and indoor plants
5:30-Make dinner
6:00-Eat dinner
6:30-Clean up/Family Devotion
7:30-Time with my hubby <3
9:15-Before bed routine (brush teeth/wash face, quick clean-up of bedroom, do any breakfast prep. possible)
9:45-Nighttime prayers
10:00-To bed or to read if I’m not tired yet Here are the "little chores". I call them little because I have split big chores (ex. clean the kitchen) into lots of little chores that I can do and check off whenever I have a few minutes. That way they don't scare me as much :)


Daily

-File papers
-Take out trash/compost
-Put away laundry (if any)
-5 minute de-clutter

Weekly

-Dust bedroom
-Dust living room
-Sweep bedroom
-Sweep living room
-Sweep bathroom
-Sweep kitchen
-Mop bedroom
-Mop living room
-Mop bathroom
-Mop kitchen
-Clean toilet
-Clean sink
-Clean bathroom mirror
-Clean bedroom mirror
-Scrub bathtub and shower
-Clean stove coils
-Organize closets

Monthly

-Deep clean bathroom
-Deep clean kitchen
-Deep clean bedroom
-Project

I'm not really sure what exactly deep cleaning entails... but I'm pretty sure it's a good idea anyway. Also, the project each month will change depending on what I need to do. For example, this month's project is Thank You cards :) They're almost done but... not quite.

P.S. - If anyone has any ideas for daily chores or things that I've missed let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment